LED Light Therapy
Imagine; you're basking in a spacey, glowing dome with flickering blue and red lights all around you while your skin is healing, regenerating, and becoming even more gorgeous.
Ok, so that's not exactly how LED works but it really is that amazing.
So, here's how it does work;
- In the same way that plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into energy, high intensity light emitting diodes (LEDs) utilize specific, proven wavelengths of light which can trigger a natural biostimulatory effect in human tissue.
- Research indicates that cells absorb particles of light (photons) and transform their energy into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy that your cells utilize. The resulting elevation of ATP is then used to power metabolic processes;
- Synthesize DNA, RNA, proteins, enzymes, and other products needed to repair or regenerate cell components
- Foster mitosis or cell proliferation
- Restore homeostasis
- LED light therapy can increase circulation, accelerate tissue repair, kill acne bacteria, decrease inflammation, improve skin tone, texture and clarity, decrease under eye wrinkles as well as ease muscle and joint pain, stiffness, spasm, and pain associated with arthritis.
Simply put, LED therapy provides compromised cells with added energy so that the cell's performance is enhanced. For example, fibroblast cells will increase collagen and elastin production in connective tissue to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and increase the rate of wound healing.
You can see why LED therapy is so popular both during treatments, post-treatment, and for at home use. Want to snag one of your own? Read more about Celluma & FaceLite at sapienskin.com and text us at the spa for more info (206) 698-2431.
“..Reported mechanisms of light-induced effects include modulation of prostaglandin levels, alteration of somatosensory evoked potential and nerve conduction velocity, and hypermia of treated tissue. 1"
—Chukuku S. Enwemeka, PT, PHD, FACSM